So, without further adieu, my response.
1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
I have to say we don’t know what it would be like to have an animal that wasn’t a member of the family. We just love them all and give them all names and love so they are our family for sure.
|George the Papillon|
To be able to make a living through our farm alone. We just can’t do that right now and I work full time, which is really about 70 hours a week. I would love to be able to have more land and grow our farm and the animals we have, as well.
3. What is the one thing most hated by you?
Animal cruelty. Of course we love animals, and I know all folks don’t feel the way we do about them and that is perfectly ok, but those who harm them for no reason, don’t take care of them, abuse them or kill them for fun get no empathy or compassion from me. Animals are at our mercy for their care, and it’s a cruel person that harms one.
4. What would you do with a billion dollars?
Oh my, so much. I honestly would love to have a shelter for animals on lots of land with staff to help care for them and love them. That would be a wonderful dream come true. I would also donate a good chunk to two causes that touch my heart, cancer research and Alzheimer’s research.
5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
I think being loved by someone. Receiving love is hard to beat.
7. What is your bedtime routine?
Change into comfy chicks rule robe, wash face, brush teeth and all that good stuff. Watch a little TV, read or blog for a bit until I am sleepy, and that doesn’t take long.
8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
I almost didn’t. I was out with some friends one night and we wanted to hear some live music. I lived in Asheville, N.C. at the time, and being new there I didn’t know where to go. We saw a sign at a restaurant which read, “Batcave Philharmonic” and passed it by. We went to another place, but no live music, so I suggested we go back to check out the “Batcave" act. My future husband was sitting on stage playing the guitar and singing. Little did I know how important it was that I come back to that restaurant.
9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?
Sarah Richardson from HGTV’s Sarah’s House. I love every single room she designs. I even dreamed one night I went to Canada to find her and bring her to W.Va. to help me. Tommy too of course.
10. What kinds of books do you read?
I love a good mystery or criminal, serial killer kind of books. James Patterson books are some of my favorites. I also love Nicholas Sparks and read "The Notebook" on the beach while it was pouring the rain. I was the only one out there under an umbrella, but I would not put it down until I was finished.
11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?
Being able to spend more time at home with my family and farm. I want to be right where I am but not working so much.
12. What’s your fear?
Losing my husband. If something happened to him I don’t know what I would do for so many obvious reasons, and I don’t know how I would take care of this wonderful place we live without him.
13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?
Nope, that doesn’t excite me that much. I may give it up for a trip to Tuscany, though.
14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?
Definitely married but poor because I believe you can change your own circumstances, and two is better than one.
15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Put on my pink glasses. I am blind as a bat without them.
16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?
I wish he were a movie lover like I am. He can barely sit still for the two- hours and feels like he’s wasting valuable time. I love movies and would love to do that together more than twice a year.
17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?
I think instead of Amy I would like to be called Emmy. My uncle called me Emmy my whole life. I think it’s more unique and I love Emmylou Harris.
18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?
I would certainly forgive and most often forget as time heals but I think it’s hard to say until you have walked down that path.
19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?
Oh my that is a tough one. I am going to say spaghetti. I just love it and you can make it in so many different ways.